Go Incognito: A Guide to Security, Privacy, & Anonymity
Go Incognito is a video-based course teaching users of varying experience levels about privacy, security, and anonymity. It’s part of my goal to educate users around the world and provide them with not only a tutorial for improving their data habits, but to transform a user’s way of thinking about why, where, when, and how to treat their data and personal information. To top it off, Go Incognito is available free to watch, is shareable to the public through a Creative Commons license, and will one day include a premium version for users who want more perks. It’s been in production since May, 2018, and is still in the process of being released.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Navigating This Repo
- All scripts for every lesson have been completed since summer of 2018. You'll find them in the 'scripts' folder sorted by section.
- The changelog is attached in order to account for changes in already-made lessons. Things change, but so can the changelog.
- The sources used in each lesson are also in their own document.
- Section 3 is currently being produced. Lessons are first uploaded to YouTube, so visit our channel https://www.youtube.com/c/techlore to catch them as they are released. There's a Go Incognito playlist located at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3KeV6Ui_4CayDGHw64OFXEPHgXLkrtJO
- Current goal to complete production of the free course by the end of August, 2020. Premium by the end of October, 2020.
- Once the free course is complete, the premium version will go into development. Read the below section to learn about the premium version.
Premium vs Free Version
- All information between the two versions are exactly the same.
- Free includes short self-developed ads at the beginning of each lesson.
- Free is being released first, and is more prone to mistakes and improvements. Before premium is published, I'll be remastering the lessons and applying as many changes from the changelog as possible.
- Free is accessible on YouTube, and is under Creative Commons meaning you can technically upload it anywhere you want. Assuming: A) It's unmodified B) It's unmonetized and C) I'm credited.
- Premium will be accessible only through Udemy and other select hosts for an upfront cost.
- Premium will include many more perks to make the experience more engaging, including: Checklists for certain lessons, fun interactive activies, a certificate, direct support with myself along the way, and more.
Contributing to Go Incognito
There are several ways you can support this initiative, here are the main methods:
- Directly donating to our channel through Patreon, Brave Rewards, Monero, or other donation methods found on: https://techlore.tech/support.html
- Sharing the course with your friends and family. It's friendly to both beginners and advanced users alike.
- Sharing and spreading the course to different communities around the internet.
- Uploading the free course to a platform of your choice. Because the free course is licensed under Creative Commons, go for it! Read the instructions on things to keep in mind in the 'Premium vs Free Version' section to avoid violating the license.
- Translating the scripts to another language. I don't have an easy way to streamline this process yet, so email me @ email@example.com for instructions.